“Present your research and its significance to a non-specialists in 3 minutes and with just 1 PowerPoint slide.”
“It’s a prestigious national competition which is recognised and valued – participating marks you out as an enterprising, expressive and engaging candidate.
It also helps you:
- Prepare for your transfer/viva examinations. Articulating your work is an essential skill for when you have to defend your research
- Fully grasp your research. Being able to explain your research in a concise and engaging manner means you’ve got it!
- Get written feedback from research professionals and we can film it – a great opportunity for you to review and improve your presentation skills.”
- Cheshire Thurs 12th May 1.30-3.30pm (Register by Tues 10th May)
- Manchester Mon 16th May 1.30-3.30pm (Register by Fri 13th May)
- Manchester Tue 17th May 1.30-3.30pm (Register by Fri 13th May)
Monday June 6th 12.00-2.00pm starting with lunch
For further information including the competition rules and how to enter, go to: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/graduate-school/three-minute-thesis-competition/
[Source MMU Graduate School website as above]